Monday, December 10, 2007

Gingerbread Party






On Saturday, we held our annual Gingerbread Party. This is one of our traditions and for some reason we didn't do it last year, so I was determined to have it early in December this year! We call it a gingerbread party, but we actually decorate sugar cookies! Anyway, it's always a lot of fun and something the girls really look forward too. They invited 8 friends over, so we had 10 kids plus 3 babies in our little duplex! The kids did a great job on the cookies and thanks to my sister Melissa, I actually had a yummy soft sugar cookie recipe to use! I will have to post that soon. One memorable thing about this years party is that after we were all done decorating, the kids went outside to play in the backyard...they had on t-shirts and flip flops because it was 78 degrees! We seriously feel like we are on vacation. That night we decided to embark on another Snarr family tradition....driving around to see Christmas lights while drinking hot chocolate and eating popcorn. This year we opted to get milkshakes instead and we drove around with our windows open and the Christmas music blaring. This was after we had barbecued chicken for dinner on the grill outside! Fun times and very memorable for us as a family....our first Texas Christmas season!

2 comments:

Kim said...

kids are home from school because of an ice storm.....wish we were there....

Kendra said...

Every time I read your blog it makes me miss Texas so much! I'm glad you're having fun (you would anywhere)! Your girls are adorable!

Regan's 10th Birthday!