Saturday, June 25, 2011

Eleven Years

(Funeral- June 2000)

(Chris's Mission Farewell- Oct. 1993)



(Mom's Birthday- 1983)


Eleven years ago today....sometimes it feels like a day ago...sometimes it feels like 100 years ago. But one thing hasn't changed....I still think about you EVERY day...and miss you always.


Your influence goes on and on....just yesterday, I went to an event and made sure to sincerely thank each person who helped out, because you taught me to do this and you always made sure to do it too.


I went "window-shopping" (mostly looking, not buying!), because you taught me to love that too.


I laughed with my kids, tickled them, hugged them a little more, because you always did that with me.


I took time to admire the flowers in my garden, because you were so great at pointing out beauty and pausing to enjoy the moments.


I struck up a conversation with someone I didn't know, because we all know this was one of your greatest strengths!


It's amazing that a person can no longer be physically present, and yet their presence is felt so very often.


Mom, I love you so much. Thanks for everything! One of my greatest goals in life is to work to become more like you.

3 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Jamie,
I know I rarely comment, but I read your blog often. I just want you to know that I love this post. Thank you for sharing your tender feelings about your mother. You have a beautiful family, and I have no doubt you are a wonderful mother!

Love,
Emily Clark Price (Nauvoo)

Becky said...

Beautiful!
You are an amazing woman and an amazing mother!
Your mother must have been amazing! And she must be so proud of you!

Jamie said...

Emily- Will you send me an invite to your blog? I would love to catch up. Thank you for your sweet comment. It made my day.
Jamie
tjsnarr@hotmail.com

Regan's 10th Birthday!